Sunday 18 March 2012

K-Pop Academy [Week 4]

Todays lesson was based on the Korean war. We watched the award winning film '17 Into The Fire' (포화속으로). It is pretty popular among K-Pop fans as it stars TOP, the rapper of Big Bang.


Although I've heard a lot of positive reviews about this movie, before today I hadn't actually watched it so I was glad I was finally going to watch it.

This movie is based on a true sotry of how a group of student soldiers with very little or no experience of fighting are made to protect a school during the Korean war. The captin of these soldier is Oh JangBeom (played by TOP) as he has experience of being in combat but he stuggles to gain respect from his fellow soldiers.

Usually I am not keen on war movie as I'm a bit of a whimp when it comes to blood and gore but was absored in the movie: squeling at the gorey scenes but on the verge of tears at times. This movie evokes all kinds of emotion. There are even a few comical moments in the movie.

I'd definitely recommend this movie to you guys. Once I'd finished watching the movie I was searching for more movies based on the Korean War. I'll definitely be researching more about it. ^^

-Tamanna

No comments:

Post a Comment