Tuesday 24 April 2012

Busker Busker - 1st Album [Review]

I have a soft spot for Korean indie groups so when I heard Busker Busker's (버스커 버스커) first album I loved it. As much as I love K-Pop, I really like other genres and Korean indie, or as me and my sisters call it 'cafe music', is right up my street. So I thrilled when Busker Busker recently won on M! Countdown a few weeks ago.


Usually I'd write my view on all the songs but since I'm short on time today and there are 11 songs on the album, I'll just tell you about my personal favourites.

Busker Busker - Cherry Blossom Ending

So if you've never heard of Busker Busker up until now, I urge you to listen to their awesome title song Cherry Blossom Ending (벚꽃 엔딩). Once you hear it you will instantly know why they won.


Since spring is just around the corner, this is the perfect song. It has such a happy feel to it and the video never fails to make me laugh.

Busker Busker - First Love



This is such a cute love song and the beat gets me bopping my head. In the first verse, it sounds like the lead singer is practically just talking which sounds really cool.

Busker Busker - Calling You




The guitar intro at the start sounds so good and the drum goes so well with it. I can definitely imagine this song being played in a cafe in Korea.

Overall the album is pretty good for their first album. I'm sure they'll have more awesome albums in the future! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment