Wednesday 18 April 2012

SISTAR - Alone [Album Review]

Recently SISTAR, a four member K-Pop girl group released their album 'Alone'. I have been a fan of them since their debut song 'Push Push' and they have improved as a group with every song.


As ever, their new concept is oozing sex appeal. So let's take a listen and see what the songs on the album are like.

SISTAR - Come Closer


Come Closer is the intro for this album and although it doesn't sound too bad, when I first heard this song I though it was Hyorin's solo because her voice dominates this song. With that said, she does have an amazing voice which is hightlighted in this song.

SISTAR - Alone


This is SISTAR's title song and I was really anticipating it as I watched all the teasers. It is produced by Brave Brothers, a very well-known Korean producer. To be honest, I was starting to think Brave Brothers songs were all starting to sound too similar before this song was released. This song is a concoction of different sounds which makes it infectious and will have you singing along to it.

SISTAR - No Mercy


 This dance song has a way of drawing you in with it's catchy repetitive lyrics and funky beat.

SISTAR - Lead Me



Wow. Just wow. Lead Me is definitely my favourite song on the album. Everything flows so well in this song: from their voices to the beats. Chance from One Way, actually produced this song which explains why it's so great.

 SISTAR - Girls On Top


This song is probably my least favourite song on the album. It sounds like a typical K-Pop song but I like the way it's promoting girl power. =B

SISTAR (Hyorin) - I Choose To Love You (널 사랑했어)



When I first heard this song, I was busy doing work and it suddenly played so I had to check my playlist for the song name. It's is Hyorin's solo OST song for Dream High 2. Hyorin's incredible control of her voice makes this song a beautiful soothing, ballad-esque song.

Overall, this album definitely has some amazing songs especially Lead Me, No Mercy and I Choose To Love You.

You can purchase the album on:

iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment