Friday 2 March 2012

Big Bang - Alive [Review]

With Big Bang making a comeback after so long, this album was much anticipated. Was it worth the hype or was it a major dissapointment?


The first song on the album was the introduction song called 'Alive'.


Usually I don't really pay attention to intro songs but this was alright. I actually liked hearing Taeyang rapping. This he should rap more often~.

Big Bang - Blue


Blue is just an amazing song. I think I've wrote in an earlier post about how much I adore this song, but I'll say it again, I love it. It reminds me of their past songs like 'Lies' and 'Haru Haru' and I was glad it wasn't a crazy head bobbing disco song. As much as I love their dance songs, it's always nice to head a song with such well-thought out lyrics. The video complements the song perfectly.

Big Bang - 사랑먼지 (Love Dust)


To be honest, when I first heard this song I wasn't really sure about what to make of it. The first verse sounds really good and then suddenly the beat changes during the chorus which I found a little strange at first. But after playing it several times, I've grown to like it a lot.

Big Bang - Bad Boy


This is by far my favourite song on the album. I love the old school vibe it has. I find myself imitating the dance in the video all the time. Each members talent really shines in this song and I can't get enough of the video. I've played it about 100 times since it's been release. Good job YG~!

Big Bang - 재미없어 (Ain't No Fun)


                                       

I'm really feeling this song. The beat drew me in instantly and I love the way Seungri mumbles at the start. That's probably a strange thing to like but I think it goes so well with the song.

Big Bang - Fantastic Baby


                                   

This song sounds like a random mix of everything which would make it a great party song. My favourite part of this song is TOP's rap and the 'boomshakalaka' part. Lol~

Big Bang -날개(Wings) Daesung solo


                                         

When I first heard that Daesung was doing another solo, I thought it might be a bit like the solo 'Baby Don't Cry' he did for his previous album so I was kind of surprised when I played this song to hear it had a bit of a pop-rock feel. At first, I was a little disappointed but after I read the lyrics to the song and played it again I realised that it's pretty addictive. Now that I know it had such an uplifting meaning, I'll be playing it on those days where I feel down.


All in all, I love this album and it definitely lived up to the hype. Personally, I prefer this album a bit more to their last album Tonight. All the songs have a different feel to them and G Dragon once again displays his amazing composing ability. Now I'm excited to see them perform all these songs~!

You can purchase this inccredible album on:

iTunes
YesAsia
Melon
And other sites listed on the YG website.



No comments:

Post a Comment