Friday 30 March 2012

'Meet Mr Daddy' [Review]


Yesterday, I went to the screening on the heart warming Korean movie 'Meet Mr Daddy' (눈부신 날에), directed by Park KwangSu.

Meet Mr Daddy
The Korean Cultural Centre (KCC) kindly invited the Sejong Institute and K-Pop Academy students. It was a special screening as the director of the movie was also present at the screening and after the movie there was a question and answer session.


Every Thursday, the KCC hold a film night and on the last Thursday of the month there is a special screening in which the director of the movie holds a Q&A  session. However, because of university I haven't been able to attend. Luckily since I have no more lectures, I was free to go this Thursday. Woohoo~! =)

Me with my fellow K-Pop Academy classmates
Source: Korean Film Festival

Cinema halls
Source: Korean Film Festival

The cinema hall was filled with students highly anticipating the movie. As Director Park has won many prizes both in Korean and internatially for his spectacular work, I was sure this movie would be amazing.

And it didn't disappoint. The movie both emotional and funny. There were several moments in the movie where I was trying to hold back tears but towards the end of the movie, I could no longer hold it in and my tears were rolling down like crazy.

After the movie, Park Kwangoo entered the cinema hall and began the Q&A session with the help of his translator. Questions ranged from questions about where he gets inspiration to how censorship in the 1970s affected his work.  He seemed like a laid back guy who answered the questions very honestly and made jokes here and there.

Director Park and his translator during the Q&A session
I was thankful that at the end of the even, we had the chance to get Director Parks autograph and a picture with him. I attempted to tell him in Korean that I enjoyed the movie.

Director Park with the K-Pop Academy students
Director Park & I
Director Park with his banners
Director Parks autograph
I had an amazing time and I'll definitely try coming to the future screenings. I'd recommend you guys to come along if you have the time too.

To get more information about the Korean Film Festival screenings, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment