Friday 30 March 2012

K-Pop Academy [Week 5]

First off, I'd like to apologise for not posting this review a little earlier. University has been a bit hectic this week so I'm posting the review a bit late.

Anyway, back to my review of week 5. This week we focus on K-Pop dances and we were lucky to have Danydan and the LoKo team teach us two dance choreographies: 2NE1's Clap Your Hands and Big Bang's Fantastic Baby. Seeing as I love these songs, I was really excited about the class.




Initially the class started with a brief warm up before we were taught the choreography for 2NE1's Clap Your Hands. I must have clapped my hands so hard that they turned red. Haha. But I have so much fun learning it.

Source: KCCUK

Then we were taught Danydan's dance choreography to Big Bang's Fantastic Baby. It was kind of similar to the original choreography except with a few tweeks. When he first performed it, it looks so difficult and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up. However, he taught us the relatively simple bits *phew*. Lol.

Source: KCCUK

Source: KCCUK

After practicing the routine a couple of times, we were split into groups so we could have a dance off. My team was called Team TOP. We tried to improvise with the dance and change a few bits. It was lots of fun watching the other groups dance and in the end Team TOP won. We were given a back of Korean snacks as a reward. Wooho. TOP would be proud. Haha. =P

K-Pop Academy students with Danydan and the LoKo team
Source: KCCUK
A big thank you to Danydan and the LoKo team, especially the KCCUK for organising the event. I had a blast! =D

Just when I though it was time to go home, we were told we had to record a little message for Big Bang which would be sent to them. After 2 hours of dancing, I don't think I'll come out well but I tried to say my message in Korean. I hope they understand.

Before we left, we were told about the East Sea campaign.  It is basically the sea that is located next to Japan, Korea, Russia and China, however it is currently given the name Sea of Japan however people feel that it should be changed to its original name East Sea. To support the campaign and to sign the online petition, please click here.


This Saturday we have been lucky enough to be invited to Ambassador Choo's residence. It's going to be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment