Friday 30 December 2011

K-POP Lovers' Party [28-12-11]

This Wednesday I went to the K-Pop Lovers Party in New Malden. They have started holding karoke (노래방) sessions for 2 hours every Wednesday courtesy of The East.


Unfortunately we couldn't attend the first session they held on the 14th December so I was excited to see what all the hype was about.

The event started at 6pm but I attended the Han Resturant at around 6.20pm, fashionably late.When I arrived we were warmly welcomed by Romeo, the event organiser. We went downstairs to the karoke area and there were about 5 doors leading to different karoke rooms.

I opened each door in turn to see which one my friends were in. I must say, all the rooms were far nicer than any of the other karoke rooms I have been to in London. The biggest room was crammed with about 20 people so I stuck in that room for a while.








The atmosphere was great. Even though I didn't know half of the people in the room, everyone was having a great time singing and dancing so 2 hours flew by in a flash.
Once we'd finished we all headed to the ground floor where food and drinks were being served.

We were talking to Romeo about KPop culture in the UK and the possibility of language exchanges being held between us and Korean people studying the the UK so we could help each other have a better understanding the others culture. It was very insightful.
We even got KPop magazines which had awesome pictures of KPop idols.

Overall, I had a blast. I really enoyed it and I'll definitely be going again next year.

If you want to find out more about future KPop Lovers' Partys then join their Facebook group or check out their website.

-Tamanna

1 comment: