Friday 30 December 2011

Korean Food: Dong San

A few weeks ago, my friend and I visited Dong San  (동산), a Korean restaurant in London.

Dong San
73 Charing Cross Road 
London 
WC2H 0NE

The interior was really pretty and the decor was arranged nicely. This thing that caught my eye was the display of plastic food at the front of the restaurant that looks almost undistinguishable from real food. They had Korean newspapers under the display so feel free to take one if you visit this restaurant.
The restaurant floor looked big in comparison to some of the other Korean restaurants I've been to so it could be an ideal place to go if you go with a large group of people.


Display of plastic food








We ordered vegetable pancake, soybean stew with rice and seafood noodle. As my friend had tried Korean food once before and enjoyed the vegetable pancake I was curious to see what she thought of the vegetable pancake from Dong San. I guess I'll have to order it at every Korean restaurant I go to now so I can compare it. Haha.


The food took a while to come but it looked appetizing. 


Vegetable pancake
  My friend and I both agreed that the vetegable pancake was a bit oily and it preferred the crunchier ones in Assa. Having said that, they were still delicious and we ended up finishing it all.

Kimchi
My friend loved the kimchi. It was slightly different to the kimchi I've had in the past as they were mixed with a type of chilli paste which enhanced the taste.


Soybean soup with rice
 Also the soybean soup was tasty too, it was a bit too salty for my liking, but I'm told that it is usually quite salty.


Seafood noodles

The seafood noodles was my favourite. It had a kick to it which I really liked. The soup actually tasted like a Bengali dish my mother cooks.


Our table filled with food
Overall, the food was quite good but the service was not really the best as there were not many staff on the restaurant floor and we had to wait a while to be served. However, friends have told me that the korean barbecued meat at Dong San is rather delicious. Maybe I should try something like that at the next Korean restaurant I go to?

No comments:

Post a Comment