Friday 2 December 2011

Electroboyz - Rebirth

So now it's time to appreciate one of the Korean groups that we think is super underrated - Electroboys. They released their album Rebirth in mid-November and I am still in love with all the songs on the album.

Here is a break down of the album and our views on each song:



1. Oh Yeah
The piano at the beginning starts off the song nicely and the rapping slowly comes in. By the end of the song, you nodding your head to the beat. The only downfall is, it's not long enough. I guess I'll have to play it on repeat.
P.S. Anyone hear them say 'Maboos.. a.k.a. bra strap popper'. o.O Haha.



2. My Boy 2 (feat. Hyorin from SISTAR)
A continuation to SISTAR19's My Boy, this song is playful and upbeat. Some of the lines that stick in my head is 'I want to see you my girl, just give me a holla'. Haha. Chakoon, the newly added member of Electroboyz's, has a voice that complements Hyorin's voice nicely.



3. 한참을 울었어 (Cried For A Long Time)
Once again the intro is just beautiful which is followed by soft whispers. The rapping is emotive and and you can you can feel the sorrow in their voices. The flow of the rapping and singing seems almost effortless. Honestly, this is our favourite song on the album.

Overall, this album is amazing. The is a wonderful mix of songs that you can't get bored of. Unlike their debut song, Telephone, which is really more of a dance song, this album consists of songs that are much more emotional.

This album is available to purchase at : YesAsia

No comments:

Post a Comment