Thursday 31 May 2012

K-Pop Academy [Week 12] Gradutation Ceremony

This Saturday it was the K-Pop Academy graduation ceremony. Boohoo~. Can't believe it's going to be over even though it feels like just yesterday that it started. But as usual, the Korean Cultural Centre (KCC) prepared a wonderful ceremony for us.

Pictures of the students
To start the ceremony, Ambassador Choo said a few words about how successful he felt the K-Pop Academy scheme had been in helping us get a better understanding of Korean culture. His speech was followed by the KA students singing the KA song which was composed by my fellow classmate Katerina, a talented singer and composer.

K-Pop Academy students singing the KA song
A group of student performed a hilarious skit of what would happen if there was a K-Pop Academy reunion in 40 years. Pictures of popular idol groups were ingeniously edited and some of the funniest groups were 'Girls Generation' which was changed to 'Granny Generation' and '2NE1' was changed to '6NE1'.

Students performing their skit
Source: KCC
After this we each gave a little speech about our experience at the K-Pop Academy and how our views of Korea have changed as a result of our involvement in the K-Pop Academy. From my own personal experience I said how I felt that before the K-Pop Academy I thought I well-rounded understanding of Korean culture, but I realised how little I knew about the history and traditional aspects. It was great hearing what others thought and how we all had the same view.

Giving a speech about my experience
After a short break, guest speakers gave their thoughts on how successful they felt the scheme was. It was amazing hearing the positive feedback the guests said.

Brigadier Brian Parrit talking about how great he felt the K-Pop Academy was
Then it was time for our certificates to be given out. I was presented with the 'Best Director Award' which I found pretty funny. There'll be no reason for my to make dorky YouTube videos anymore. *Sigh* Haha.

Ambassador Choo and Directon Won presenting me with my award
The Director then announced the winner of the best performing student: Amy Moorfield. Congratulation Amy~! =)



As if the day wasn't filled with enough surprises and activities, it was revealed that Big Bang has a video message for us! Oh my gosh~! BIG BANG!!




After a long day, the KCC provided us with a wonderful buffet~. Definitely a great way to end the day.

Source: KCCUK
Source: KCCUK

Although we made a video showing our appreciation for all the time and effort the KCC took into organising everything for the K-Pop Academy, we felt that it wasn't enough so we brought a cake with 'Thank You KCC' written on it.

Students giving the cake to Directon Won
Overall it was a brilliant day~! I can honestly say I've enjoyed every minute of the K-Pop Academy and  I can't express my gratitude to the KCC for giving us a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Thank youuuuuuuuuu~!


No comments:

Post a Comment