Saturday 5 May 2012

The Equator Man (적도의 남자) [Drama Review]

Offical Poster for 'The Equator Man'

When I first heard about this drama, I wasn't too sure if I would like it. I read a few reviews about the drama and thought it sounded pretty interesting so I thought I would give it a chance. After watching the first couple of episodes I got totally hooked. In 2 days I watched 8 episodes and was dying to watch the rest but they had not been aired yet.

I really enjoyed Eom Tae-Woong's (엄태웅) acting. He has the ability to adapt to roles quickly and makes the character realistic. I have watched his drama Dr Champ and really liked his acting in that drama so I was expecting the same with this drama. Eom Tae-woongs's plays the character Kim Su-Woo who tries to find justice for the brutal murder of his father. While trying to find out the culprit Su-Woo comes across some unfortunate events in which his becomes blind.

Eom Tae-Woong's new character gives you an insight into his struggle to find justice for his fathers murder while trying to deal with losing his sight. He has to overcome a lot of obstacles and learn new skills to reach his goal.

Other characters in the drama include Lee Bo-Yeong (이보영) who plays Su-Woo's first love, Lee Joon-Hyeok (이준혁) who plays Su-Woo's best friend and Lim Jeong-Eun (임정은) as Su-Woo's childhood friend.

The drama is getting lots of praises from its viewers which has lead to the extension of the drama so now there will be 24 episodes. The Equator man has increased in ratings beating their rival drama The Rooftop Prince. Episode 13 was aired on the 2nd of May 2012.

Let us know what you think of the drama and be sure to check out what we think of the drama as a whole once all the episodes have been aired.

No comments:

Post a Comment