Monday 28 May 2012

LeeSsang - Unplugged [Review]

So the hip hop geniuses, LeeSsang, are back with their fantastic new album, Unplugged. We are huge fans of LeeSsang so this album was definitely long overdue. This album is composed of 13 song and the legendary duo experiment with various genres of music in this album from rock to samba.


Since there are 13 song, it is quite difficult to give a breakdown of each song so I'll just pick out my favourite songs on the album.


LeeSsang - 행복을 찾아서 (The Pursuit of Happiness)




This song is definitely one of those song that I'll still be playing in 10 years and still not be tired of. The fluid rapping complements the harmonious singing. After reading the lyrics, I fell in love with the song. They're not just typical lyrics about love or partying, but about Gary's struggle and finding happiness. So the meaningfulness of the lyrics is just beautiful.

LeeSsang - 겸손은 힘들어 (Hard To Be Humble)



Honestly, when I first heard this song I had no idea what to think about it because I was so focused on the hilarious music video that I wasn't focus on the song. But after replaying the video and actually listening to the song, it was so catchy that I couldn't help but bob my head along to it.

LeeSsang - Bururi (feat. Jung In)


Another song that I like on the album is Bururi. The song has a solemn and eerie vibe to it but there is something about it that makes it unique and draws me in.

Overall, LeeSsang have lived up to their legendary status with this album. It proves that no matter what genre the duo try, the song always turns out great with a LeeSsang flavour to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment