Thursday 3 May 2012

K-Pop Academy [Week 9]

First off, apologies for the last post. Amidst exam stress, I almost forgot to write this review. Oops~.
The focus of this weeks class was British Pop vs K-Pop. Honestly I haven't listened to Brit-Pop much lately because I've been so absorbed in K-Pop, actually Korean music in general. But as a child I loved British Pop music from Spice Girls to 5ive.


The first half of the class started where we left off last week. We listened to different variations of Arirang. I had heard a few beforehand but I didn't know there were so many different types. We then sang the chorus of Arirang in groups. I am by no means the best singer but I gave it my best shot and it was a lot of fun. 

Then we heard the difference between Brit-Pop and K-Pop over time. When it came to the current music, we all got excited and started singing along.


Lyrics to Arirang
Before the break we were split into groups for the MulChoong Noraebang game for the second half of the class. Each team was given a song. My team was group B so our song was Gee, a catchy energetic hit song by SNSD. The other teams were Bad Girl Good Girl, Black and White and I Need A Girl.




The aim of the game was that each member of the team was given a small section of the lyrics to memorize and then if they made a mistake when singing it, the whole team got wet. It was fun shoting water at the other teams but it wasn't great when I was on the receiving end~.. o__O Haha.

Overall I had an awesome day, as usual~! Thanks KCCUK! ^0^

Here's a short video of what us KA students got up to this week:



No comments:

Post a Comment