Thursday 3 May 2012

Korean Drama Review: Fashion King (패션왕)

Poster for Fashion King
I'm enjoying this drama, so far I'm on episode 13. The main reason I wanted to watch this drama was because of Shin Se Kyung. I enjoyed her acting in High Kick Through The Roof. (If you haven't watched that drama, that is one to watch, don't let 126 episodes scare you away!)

Yuri (from SNSD) is also in the drama and acts as Choi Ana. I always seem to forget it's Yuri acting, I believe she is actually Choi Ana. Sometimes when idols acts in dramas, I find it hard to remove their status and see them as the character in the drama. But this time I really believe it. I hope she continues to act in more dramas, what do you guys think of her acting?

The drama is about fashion, but also about relationships and the relationships each characters have with each other. It's not as predictable as I thought it would be, each episode has something new and I still don't know what will happen. The 2 main male leads; Yoo Ah In as Kang Yung Gul and Lee Je Hoon they are like rivals in the drama and their relationship makes the drama more interesting.

I wouldn't rate this drama highly as I haven't been totally hooked onto it like some of the other dramas I've watched before, but I think it is worth watching.

-Reshma

No comments:

Post a Comment