Thursday 10 May 2012

K-Pop Academy [Week 10 - Homework]

The focus of this weeks class was the Future of K-Pop. I wasn't actually able to attend this week class (because of protests in my town). Boohoo~! It felt strange staying at home staying at home on a Saturday. But the focus of this weeks class was the future of K-Pop.

So for the homework I chose to do a comic strip of what kind of K-Pop star I would choose if I was a CEO. CEO Sidika, it's got a nice ring to it. Haha. =P




The comic strip tells the story of what happens during the auditions and what the judges look for when selecting contestants.

Here's a closer look at the story:

Contestants are practicng hard in the waiting room

The judges are waiting patiently for the next act. (There's me in the pink top). Haha

The door opens and in walks..

..a contestant who is really pretty..

..but her singing is awful. So regardless of the fact that she is attractive,
which is often a must for K-Pop idols, she gets buzzed off.

The next contestant is doesn't look like a typical, doll-like K-Pop idols..

..however, she has the voice of an angel so you goes through. =)

A geeky boy walks in next. Surprisingly he has amazing b-boying skills and
since I am always amazing by b-boying he easily goes through to the next round.

The last contestant is dressed from top to toe in Indian attire. The judges don't know what to
expect but she has some amazing Bollywood moves..

..so she also goes through.
All in all, my comic strip illustrates that although I understand that beauty is seen as a must in K-Pop, there are other more important factors such as true talent~.. =) Plus, I barely see any ethnic minorities in K-Pop which is understandable since it's such a homogeneous country but a little of colour would be nice. Haha~.. =)

Hope you enjoyed my comic.. ^0^

No comments:

Post a Comment